Writing is such a challenging profession. A lot of people seem to think it’s easy, because anyone can string words together. They don’t realize that a writer’s job consists of more than putting together words into sentences and paragraphs and chapters.
A writer doesn’t just write. Writers do research, send a message, find the right tone. Many times they have to be creative about cramming essential information into one thousand words, while still making sense.
I had to do a lot of that for Homegrown, and it was such a challenge! My editor, Candice Lopez-Quimpo, not only gave me assignments on technology and business. She also helped me refine my work and express ideas ever so clearly.
I wrote for Homegrown from 2013 until 2014.
- Tech Support: Hacking into the Future, February 2013
- Tech Support: Infinite.ly: Safe And Swift Online Shopping Setup, April 30, 2013
- Tech Support/Money Matters: Saving Time, Money, And Sanity With PayrollHero, June 11, 2013
- Ideas/Social Good/Tech Support: Filipino Apptivism: Empowering Every Juan, July 3, 2013
- Tech Support: Tech Tools For Working Remotely, July 23, 2013
- Tech Support: What Explainer Videos Can Do For Your Business, August 27, 2013
- Tech Support: Rewarding Consumers and Sellers Electronically, October 23, 2013
- Filipino Music Finds A Home Online, November 27, 2013
- Lifestyle/Tech Support: 5 Apps to Help You Stick To Your New Year’s Resolutions, December 30, 2013
- Lifestyle: How to Prepare for a Stress-Free Business Trip, March 12, 2014
- Business Basics: Business Travel Do’s and Don’ts, March 17, 2014