My baby bump isn’t even that big yet, but already I walk around clutching my bump! Sometimes even I wonder why.
So I started writing down the thoughts going through my head every time I clutched my bump.
- I sneezed! Baby might fall!
- Do I have the muscles to hold up this bump?
- OMG is the baby moving?
- Something might hit my bump.
- OMFG, somebody might touch my bump!
- My bump is itchy!
- I’m tired. Are you tired, baby?
- I’m getting out of bed. Oh God I’m getting heavy. Maybe carrying my bump in my hands will help. (Nope, it doesn’t.)
Pregnant friends, why do we clutch our bumps??