There’s only so much loving gaze I can bestow on my child. All that looking down hurts my neck eventually. So after I’ve made sure he’s latched properly, what do I do?
- Play Two Dots or Words With Friends: I don’t play a lot of games, but these are the two I play most regularly.
- Check Facebook and get involved in hilarious comment threads. Then I need to guffaw, and I can’t because I might dislodge the child.
- Post on Instagram: When I’m breastfeeding, I look through my photos and I find stuff I haven’t posted yet.
- Read stuff on Pocket: I save a lot of stuff.
- Fall asleep: Yes, I have fallen asleep while breastfeeding.
- Pay bills: I did this last night!
- Chat with friends: Whatever time I’m breastfeeding, there’s usually someone online. I use the time to follow up with people, or just to catch up.
- Gaze lovingly at my child: Okay, I can’t help it. He’s less than two weeks old, and quite adorable!
- Wonder how the hell we’ve survived this long: I wonder this A LOT.
- Hope we don’t screw him up so much: Okay, I think this even when I’m not breastfeeding.
- Eat (and get crumbs on my child): Sometimes I get hungry while breastfeeding, so Oneal will bring me a cereal bar or a sandwich.
- Get thirsty: I’m ALWAYS thirsty when I breastfeed!
- Watch videos saved on Facebook: I find myself watching a lot of trailers and various videos on Facebook these days.
- Catch up on TV shows: We finally got to watch the DC crossover episodes!
One of these days, I’ll remember to grab my Kindle before Lucas latches, so I can finally get back to my reading.