I remember copies of Cosmopolitan magazine lying around the house when I was a kid. I’m pretty sure my mom didn’t buy them. I remember picking them up and being fascinated with the articles about fashion and makeup, and being quite confused about the ones on sex and relationships.
Little did I realize that I would someday be writing for Cosmo.ph!
Naturally, the first time I wrote for Cosmo, it was about Star Wars.
Okay, the second time was also about Star Wars, haha!
And then I found myself writing about sex. Sort of. I wrote about Deus Sex Machina.
The editor, Jillian Gatcheco, asked me to do this review because she felt she wasn’t geeky enough, haha. Since then, I’ve written a lot of reviews of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies!
- 6 Reasons Why Carrie Fisher Was Awesome, And Not Just To ‘Star Wars’ Fans: I tried to mix geekness and girl power, but it didn’t work very well with Carrie Fisher.
- An Honest Review Of ‘King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword’ By A ‘GoT’ Fan: So I just went fangirling over hot guys. 😀
- An Honest Review Of ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge’
- The Fearless Females Of ‘Wonder Woman’: I got my girl power article!
- An Honest Review Of ‘Wonder Woman’ By A Feminist: More girl power!
- 8 Actresses Who Kicked A** On Set While Pregnant: I loved writing this one.
- Fearless Women On TV Who Will Inspire You To Kick A**: So I tried to talk about Marvel TV girl power, but it didn’t sell very well.
- All You Need To Know About The Marvel Shows On Netflix: This didn’t get many shares, but it got me early access to Stranger Things season 2!
- Real Struggles Of Millennial Moms: Then I wrote about motherhood.
- An Honest Review Of ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ By A Marvel Cinematic Universe Fan: Back to the MCU
- 11 Millennial Pinays Explain Why They Don’t Want Kids: Then back to motherhood, or deciding against it
- 13 Pinoy Men On Why They Don’t Want To Have Kids: And fatherhood too, and deciding against it.
- This Mom Perfectly Explains Why You Should Care About Safe Sex: Aha! Motherhood and sex!
- 5 Unexpected Ways Breastfeeding Will Change Your Life: I really felt that if Cosmo girls were going to learn about sex, they should also know what happens if you get pregnant.
September 2017: How To Take Care Of Your Sexual And Reproductive Health
Because sexual and reproductive health are important, whether or not you’re having sex.
- 6 Cute Couple Costumes For Halloween: Okay, not all of these ideas are cute, haha.
- An Honest Review Of ‘Thor: Ragnarok’: I had fun writing this one!
- An Honest Review Of ‘Stranger Things’ Season 2: Woohoo early access!!!
November 2017: An Honest Review Of ‘Justice League’
It’s always so hard to write reviews of DC movies.
December 2017: An Honest Review Of ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’
Actually, it’s hard to write reviews of Star Wars movies too, because there’s never enough space for what I want to say!
- ‘Black Panther’: Go In Stoked, Leave #Woke: I loved this movie so much.
- Pinoy LGBTs Talk About Having Kids: After my articles on men and women choosing not to have kids, someone suggested I write abut LGBT who wanted or had kids.
- An Honest Review Of ‘Tomb Raider’: I liked this movie, but I don’t think it made enough money to merit a sequel. That’s too bad, because Alicia Vikander was awesome.
- 6 Online Sexual Harassment Support Groups You Can Turn To: In light of the #MeToo phenomenon, it’s important to know where you can get help.
I always feel like I have to write a separate blog post about Star Wars movies, because my published reviews leave so much unsaid!
June 2018: I Posed Nude For The First Time
Yeah, this one was hard to write!