I’ve always loved Body Shop. For my birthday last year, my mom and my brother gave me the Tea Tree Anti-Imperfection Daily Solution, which did absolute wonders for my skin. Within a few weeks of use, rough spots on my t-zone were smoother, and my complexion evened out.
When the bottle ran out, I decided to try another Body Shop serum, the Vitamin C Skin Boost Instant Smoother. I’d been curious about adding Vitamin C to my skincare regimen, and the promise of glowing skin was naturally appealing.
Unfortunately, I didn’t do enough research about how the Vitamin C would interact with the other products I was using. I had CosRX BHA Skin-Returning A-Sol in my routine, and that interacted badly with the Vitamin C serum. Within two weeks, I had acne, blackheads and whiteheads on my face. My face turned pink, and my face felt warm whenever I applied makeup.
I felt awful, and I hated how I looked. It didn’t help that the front-facing camera on my new phone was utter crap, and the humid weather made my oily skin even worse.
I gave the bottle away, and I tried to repair my skin. I stuck to tried-and-tested products, the occasional clay mask, and less makeup. A month later, my skin is clearer and smoother, and I’ve learned my lesson: do better research before adding new products to your routine!
So here’s what I’m doing now:
1. Cleanser: Human Nature Nourishing Facial Cleanser
2. Toner: Human Nature Hydrating Toner
3. Serum: Its Skin Power 10 Formula VB Effector
4. Eye cream: The Ordinary Caffeine Solution + EGCG
5. Treatment: Skin Genie Blindspot Healing Stick
6. Lips: Petroleum Jelly
7. Essence: CosRX Advanced Snail Power Essence
8. Moisturiser: CosRX Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion
9. Sunscreen: Biore UV Perfect Bright Face Milk SPF50+ or Maybelline BB Cream with SPF50+
1. Makeup remover: Garnier Micellar Water Blue
2. Cleanser: Mizon Snail Repairing Foam Cleanser or Human Nature Purifying Facial Scrub. I only use the facial scrub two or three times a week.
3. Toner: Human Nature Hydrating Toner or CosRX BHA Skin Returning A-Sol. I only use the CosRX toner three times a week, or when I have a breakout.
4. Serum: Its Skin Power 10 Formula VB Effector
5. Eye cream: Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream
6. Treatment: Skin Genie Blindspot Healing Stick
7. Lips: Petroleum Jelly
8. Essence: CosRX Advanced Snail Power Essence
9. Moisturizer: Celeteque Dermoscience Acne Solutions Moisturizing Gel
10. Acne solutions: Celeteque Dermoscience Acne Solutions Acne Spot Gel
It really takes time for your skin to heal, but there are a few things you can do to help it along.
L’Oreal Paris Anti-Pores Pure Clay Mask
This was great for clearing up my skin. I really felt like my face was smoother after using this. I used it twice over the past month, just to clear my face of debris. I should probably use it a little more often.
Bioaqua Pure Skin Acne Mask
I had a lot of small pimples and acne scars, and this helped speed up their life cycle. The best part is that the mask is sitting in so much liquid, so if you’re careful about removing the mask from the packaging , you can pour the remaining liquid into a clean container, and use it as an anti-acne serum.
The Face Shop Jeju Volcanic Lava Clay Nose Mask
It had been so long since I had blackheads that I had no products to deal with them! Fortunately Caroline had given me this a while back. I finally had a chance to use it, and wow it cleared up the blackheads around my nose.