Did I mention I love soup?
This is a great way to make use of potatoes and cabbage. It’s pretty filling too!
I apologize in advance–I don’t know how to make this without a blender. Suggestions welcome!
- Potatoes – peeled and cubed
- Cabbage – chopped
- Onion – chopped
- Pork broth cube
- In a pan, heat up some water or broth and butter.
- Add cubed potatoes and onions. Saute till potatoes are soft and onions are translucent.
- Add cabbage. Add enough broth or water to cover all vegetables. Add broth cube.
- Simmer for about five minutes.
- Turn off flame. Using a small ladle, spoon the mixture in small batches into your blender. Blend to preferred thickness.
- When everything is blended, return mixture to pot.
- Keep flame low. Add cream.
- Season with salt and butter to taste. Add broth if soup is too thick.
Because of the potatoes, this is a pretty filling dish! We had it with sausage and over-roasted carrots. It’s probably good with other roasted meats too!