I rarely make it, and I don’t even normally look for it, but last week I had a craving for macaroni soup. Specifically, Jollibee macaroni soup. So I made some.
- Elbow macaroni, about one cup
- Chicken thighs – about three pieces
- Carrots – chopped into matchsticks
- Lettuce – chopped
- Milk or cream
- Chicken broth, or water and chicken broth cube
- Bring water or broth to a boil. Add chicken pieces. Pierce with a fork until juices run clear.
- When the chicken pieces are cooked through, remove them from the water and shred into small pieces. Return to the boiling water. Reduce heat.
- Add elbow macaroni. Boil until cooked.
- Add carrots. Let it simmer for about five minutes.
- Add milk, to taste.
- Season with chicken broth cube, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lettuce.