I love pasta. I love the fact that you can throw pretty much anything in it, top with cheese, and it works.
I love making colorful pasta, and pasta with yummy veggies. This one is full of roasted vegetables and served with sausages.
- Pasta – I would have preferred penne or spirals, but spaghetti was all I had.
- Sausages – I just used King Sue German franks. Slice thinly.
- Garlic – peeled and chopped. I used one and a half bulbs.
- Olive oil
- Tarragon – currently my preferred herb, but use whatever you like!
- Black olives – I’m lazy about chopping, so I use the ones that are already sliced.
- Tomatoes – chopped into crescents
- Red bell pepper – chopped into strips
1. Preheat oven.
2. Put bell peppers and tomatoes in separate baking dishes. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put in the oven. Bake the bell peppers for about ten to fifteen minutes, to keep the crunch. Bake the tomatoes for about 25 minutes, so that the juices come out.
3. Cook the pasta as per the instructions.
4. When the pasta was cooked, I removed it from the water, and put it in the same baking dish as the bell peppers. I drizzled it with olive oil to keep it from sticking, and make sure to mix it to distribute the olive oil thoroughly.
Make sure to set aside the pasta water.
5. In the same pan where you cook the pasta, add olive oil and garlic. Cook until brown. Then add the olives and saute for about two minutes.
6. Pour in the pasta and the bell peppers. Mix thoroughly.
7. When the tomatoes are done, add them to the pasta too.
8. Put the sausages in a baking dish with olive oil. Bake for about ten to fifteen minutes.
You can mix the sausages with the pasta, or you can serve them side by side. Serve with cheese.