I like Mexican food. I love tacos and burritos, nachos and salsa.
Last week I ordered black rice and I made chili. So I threw them together and put them in tortillas. It worked quite nicely!
- Black rice – cook according to instructions
- Chili – See recipe here.
- Tortillas – Normally I buy Village Gourmet, but there wasn’t any at the grocery. So I tried a frozen pack of Bambi tortillas.
- Cheese – Any melty cheese or cheese spread will do.
- Make rice! It was the first time we cooked black rice. I liked it! I actually made the tortillas with leftover black rice, so it was cold when I assembled the tortillas.
- Prepare the tortillas: Because I used frozen ones, I had to microwave them for about a minute, just to un-stick them.
- Put a tortilla on a plate. Put some rice in the middle, then spoon some chili on top. Drizzle with cheese.
- Close the tortilla. It’s soft, so it won’t stay closed. I pinned down the pieces with skewers, just so they wouldn’t pop open.
- Arrange the tortillas on a flat pan or dish. If cooking in an oven, bake for about 5 minutes. If using a microwave, microwave on high for about two or three minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
You can serve with a cheese dip, salsa, or hot sauce. Enjoy!