I’m not too fond of potato salad. I hate it when it has apples or pineapple slices. I like mayonnaise, but it gets overwhelming in potato salad. And I don’t really like the shredded chicken either!
So when I found this recipe years ago, I made it my own. Enjoy!
Measure according to taste. That’s what I do!
- Red onions, peeled and chopped
- Vinegar – Use what you like! Apple cider, red wine or white wine vinegar will work.
- Dijon mustard – optional. Add to taste.
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Mix dressing ingredients together, and let onions sit in the dressing for at least an hour.
The salad bit
- Scrub and peel potatoes.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Drop peeled potatoes in boiling water. Boil until tender.
- Remove from boiling water, and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Arrange potatoes in a bowl, and drizzle dressing over warm potatoes.
Serve warm. Enjoy with grilled sausages or burgers.
Optional: Top with bacon bits, spring onions, whatever floats your boat.