The best dishes are the ones you just throw together, haha.
I try to have salmon belly strips in the freezer at all times. It’s an easy solution when I have little time or energy to cook. Just drizzle with some lemon, top with butter, and pop in the oven!
A few weeks ago, I happened to have some other things in the fridge that needed cooking. So I tossed them in with the salmon, and it worked quite nicely!
- Salmon belly strips – I usually have 500 grams in the freezer. It’s good enough for at least one meal.
- Spinach – washed and plucked from the stems
- Lemon – 1 piece, cut in half
- Cream – Just a small carton, 125 mL
- Cream of mushroom – This was just sitting in the fridge. I had maybe one-fourth cup, leftovers from the burger steak I cooked previously.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick oil spray, or drizzle with oil.
- Arrange fresh spinach on the baking dish.
- Arrange salmon belly strips on top of the spinach. Squeeze lemon juice all over the salmon belly strips. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Mix cream and cream of mushroom together. then spoon evenly over the salmon belly strips.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until desired doneness. Serve hot!
You could probably sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top, but the sauce is already pretty creamy as is. Enjoy!