I love bibimbap! While this wasn’t exactly that, it was close enough to make my tummy happy. As usual, this meal was a happy accident.
- Pork liempo strips: This was originally pork liempo, but we boiled it to tenderize it, and we, uhm, overdid it.
- Clara Ole Korean marinade: It was our friend Shey who first recommended Clara Ole marinades and sauces. We like quite a lot of them, especially the Korean marinade!
- White rice: Rice is life.
- Sesame seeds: For garnish and crunch
- Red onion: Chopped into strips or crescents
- Sesame oil
- Carrots: Chopped into matchsticks
- Zucchini: Chopped into matchsticks
- Noodles in peanut sauce: Recipe and ingredients below!
Noodles in Peanut Sauce
I love noodles in peanut sauce, and I’ve finally found a recipe that I like! I didn’t have all the ingredients so this is what I did:
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp. pure sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- onion chives, chopped
- egg noodles
Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. For the sauce, mix all the other ingredients. Mix sauce with noodles.
- Marinate pork for at least an hour. Cook in air fryer to desired crunchiness.
- Make sure you have freshly cooked rice. Like, steaming.
- In a hot pan, drizzle sesame oil and saute onions. Remove from pan, then saute zucchini. Remove from pan, then saute carrots.
- Fry egg. I love my sunny side up kind of runny, with no salt.
- In a bowl, arrange pork, rice, vegetables and noodles.
- Top with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Drizzle with sriracha.