Tortillas are so awesome. There are so many things you can do with them. A few weeks ago, it was chicken and lettuce wraps. A few months ago, I made black rice tortillas.
This week, we just tossed anything and everything into the tortillas.
You’ve probably had the breakfast burrito from Army Navy. Now you can make something similar at home!
The one I made had:
- skinless longganisa
- a really simple omelet, seasoned with garlic powder
- Cheez Whiz
- Earth Flavors crunchy garlic
I spread Cheez Whiz on the tortilla, then put the omelet in it. I added two pieces of longganisa, and sprinkled some crunchy garlic in. Then I rolled it up, and heated it up in a dry pan for a few minutes.
You can do this with pretty much any meat: tocino, luncheon meat, chicken nuggets, ham. Make sure to chop the meat into strips, or shred it. And if you happen to have shredded cheese on hand, feel free to add more!
Pulled pork quesadilla
It sounds so fancy!
The truth is, we had a bajillion leftover in the fridge, and we just wanted to get rid of them. So I had the brilliant idea of tossing them into tortillas.
- Meat: There was some leftover pork steak. We had a piece of ChickenJoy, and one piece of fried chicken from Greenwich. We also had some chicken nuggets. All the meat, we either shredded or chopped into strips.
- Fried rice: This was also leftover from breakfast.
- Cheese: Shredded melty cheese is good, but if you don’t have any, Cheez Whiz will do.
- Optional: A simple omelet
- Earth Flavors crunchy garlic: We really love this stuff, OK?
We layered some rice on a tortilla, then added a layer of meat. Sprinkle the cheese. If you’re adding an omelet, add it on.
Personally, I prefer putting all the ingredients on half of the tortilla, then folding it and frying it. My brother prefers putting the ingredients all over one tortilla, then putting another tortilla on top. Then you can bake it in the toaster or the oven for five to ten minutes. If you have oil spray, make sure to spray the pan and spray the tortilla before baking, so it gets nice and crunchy.