Meat, potatoes, cheese. Need I say more?
- Sausages: Lately I really like CDO and Pampanga’s Best sausages. Chop into coins or even strips for easier cooking and eating.
- Marble potatoes: Wash well, and chop into medallions, so they look like mojos.
- Eggs: I think I used 6.
- Milk: You’ll need 1/4 cup of milk for each egg.
- Shredded cheese: Does this really need explaining?
- Mozzarella: Also from ChizBoy!
- You can precook the sausages by sauteeing or baking them. Don’t overcook!
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees C.
- Spray or pour oil or butter in a baking dish. Arrange sliced potatoes in the bottom.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese.
- Arrange sausage slices on top of cheese and potatoes.
- Add slices of mozzarella cheese on top of sausages.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with milk. Since I wasn’t sure how many eggs I would need, I just beat two eggs at a time, pouring the milk in and beating some more, then pouring the mixture over everything. I just added beaten egg and milk until I was satisfied with the ratio of egg and milk to everything else.
- If you like, add more cheese on top. Because why not?
- Bake for 10 to 20 minutes at 150 degrees. Bake for another 20 minutes at 180 to 210 degrees. This is to make sure the lower layers get cooked without the top getting scorched.
- You can check how cooked the lower layers are by sticking a fork through. Make sure you get all the way to the bottom, to see if the potatoes are tender. You’ll know the eggs are cooked if the fork comes out dry.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes at around 230 degrees. Serve hot!
With the meat, eggs and potatoes, this is actually a complete meal! But no judgment at all if you want it with rice or bread. If you want to add vegetables, carrots or peas would probably work nicely.